Year 11 and Y13  – Update on this summer’s exam arrangements

Dear Parents/Carers/Students

Re: Arrangements for Awarding Exam Grades in Summer 2020

Further to the letter sent on Friday 3 April, I would like to make you aware of a video for students issued today by OFQUAL. The video explains the process by which grades will be awarded for this summer’s GCSE and A Level courses no that examinations are not being taken (as yet we are still awaiting detailed information regarding BTEC and Cambridge Technical courses). I would ask you to encourage your children in Years 11 and 13 to watch it. The video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXuDOrtJY1Q&feature=youtu.be .

The video also reiterates the expectations outlined in previous guidance that neither parents nor students will contact staff at the school to discuss the awarding of grades. Given that some parents have already done so, may I respectfully explain that we are unable to respond to these enquiries and would be grateful if parents would refrain from engaging in further correspondence.

I will update you further re the awarding of grades for vocational awards when the guidance is published.

May I wish you and your families and safe and restful Easter weekend.

Jochen Tree
Deputy Headteacher