Coronavirus Arrangements Update

Dear Parents, Carers and Students

As we come to the end of what has certainly been the most challenging half-term I have ever experienced by a considerable distance, I hope you and your family are well. I would like to take this opportunity to update you on a number of things.

Years 7-9
Firstly, it is evident that Key Stage 3 students will be continuing our remote learning programme for the foreseeable future. We appreciate the challenges that the children and you as parents/carers may face during this extended time, but we want to assure you that we will do everything we possibly can to continue to support the academic achievement and emotional well-being of your children.  Please can I give you a gentle reminder to continue to support us by ensuring that your child completes their weekly check-in via Microsoft Teams every week after half term.

Years 10 and 12
You will be aware from our other communication today that we are preparing for the partial reopening of our school for sessions for students in Year 10 and 12. In preparing to reopen, the safety of your child is paramount and we are following the latest government guidance and scientific advice, please can I remind you that you should only send your child to school if they have been invited in for a specific session. As any return to school for students in these year groups will not be on a full-time basis this academic year, remote learning will remain in place to support their learning.

Remote Learning
A number of you have asked for different levels and quantities of work. We are constantly reviewing and discussing the work set to try to continually improve our remote learning programme within the constraints of staff working from home, many of whom are parents themselves. We welcome your feedback and do act upon it so I would encourage you to continue helping us to develop.

Half term
During half-term no remote learning work will be set by staff and students are not required to complete their weekly tutor check-in on Microsoft Teams, I hope you’ll agree both you and your child/ren deserve the break!

Parent Webinar
We have been advised about a free webinar for parents aimed to help parents/carers who may need some support during lockdown. This webinar is hosted by an educational motivator, Mr Beezy, and the content is devised to support you as a parent/carer to engage with your child and help their education during these uncertain times.

https://www.makehappen.org/event/online-workshop-practical-help-for-parents-during-lockdown/

I am very much looking forward to a time when we are back operating as usual, but in the meantime can I please thank you for your continued cooperation and support during these challenging times and wish you a good half-term break.

Keep safe

Mr Neil Dunn 
​Headteacher