Welcome from the Director of Sixth Form
The Bromfords Sixth Form College is a growing community in excess of 150 students offering a supportive and inclusive learning environment. Our Sixth Form prides itself on offering students a bespoke curriculum tailored to their individual needs. Our personalised approach means that we can support students to progress to their next stage of education, employment or training, allowing them to achieve their maximum potential. The primary aim of the Sixth Form is to enable our students to develop a lifelong love of learning whilst becoming caring and active citizens in our local community.
Key Benefits of attending The Bromfords Sixth Form College
- 100% of applicants last year were admitted to a University of their choice.
- Over 40% of grades at A*B in 2017, 2018 and in 2020 in academic courses.
- Track record of sustained value added and excellent student progress in vocational courses.
- Small class sizes.
- For current Year 11, the continuity of study with staff who know your strengths and areas needing further development.
- A curriculum tailored to your individual needs.
- Key skills for success in the Sixth Form delivered as part of a timetabled curriculum.
- One to one admissions meeting(s) with a member of the Senior Leadership Team to discuss subject choices, career aims, and ambitions.
- Excellent careers support and guidance be it foe entry into the workplace, for an apprenticeship or and with university applications.
- Opportunity for employment within the school
Don’t just take our word for it. There are the views of our current Year 13 in their exit questionnaire:
- Over 90% of students felt there were high expectations maintained from subject teachers and the Sixth Form team.
- Over 90% of students felt the Sixth Form team were helpful with well-being, pastoral and any safe-guarding issues.
- Over 90% of students felt that the careers advice and guidance they received has helped them plan next steps post Sixth Form.
- Over 90% of students that applied for university felt they were provide with adequate information regarding UCAS applications.
- Over 92% of students felt that communication of key information provided to them was good.
- Over 94% of students felt that their overall experience of the last 2 years has been great.
Please contact Aaron Rowswell, Key Stage 5 Lead, using the details below if you have any queries regarding your son/daughter’s post-16 education.
Direct line to Sixth Form College: 01268 627859
Head of Sixth Form
* currently on maternity leave
Key Stage 5 Lead
Deputy Headteacher – Acting Director of Sixth Form
KS5 – IAG Co-ordinator