SENCO: Mr Mark Upward firstname.lastname@example.org 01268 627867
The SEND Deartment endeavours to break down barriers to learning a pupil may face through a variety of interventions. Interventions and support put in place will be tailored to each child’s individual strengths and needs.
These interventions may include;
- Pupil Passports
- LSA support
- Literacy and Numeracy interventions
- Social Skills groups
- Emotional literacy
- PACS Course
- Zones of regulation
- On-Site Counselling
- Speech and Language Therapy
- One to One tuition
- Handwriting interventions
- EAL Support
- Curriculum support
- Specialist Teacher support
- Specialist equipment and resources
- Attendance support
- Engagement with outside agencies
- On-site speech and language therapy
- Support from an educational psychologist
- Travel training
- Mentoring from a SEND Ambassador
We have access to many other interventions and work with many agencies to ensure that pupils have the best possible chance to fulfil their potential and fully access our curriculum.
At The Bromfords School, we have three SEND Ambassadors and are always developing the skills of others who show potential as SEND Ambassadors. Our SEND Ambassadors are Sonny, Lewis and Frederick. Sonny has joined our sixth form this year following the achievement of successful GCSE results.
SEND Ambassadors have a very important role in the school and assisting Mr Upward (SENDCO) with his work alongside the pupils and their families.
For example over the past year the ambassadors have:
- Trained Teachers and support staff
- Supported Essex with staff training
- Spoken at SEND/Teaching Conferences
- Developed resources that have been used nationally
- Mentored younger students
- Helping at parents evenings
- Helped with and launched the pupil passports
- Facilitated school tours for prospective pupils, parents and staff
Enhanced Provision for ASC
The Bromfords School and Sixth Form College has an onsite Enhanced Provision for students with Autism. The provision caters for a maximum of 15 pupils across all year groups.
For details of admission criteria to the Enhanced Provision here at The Bromfords School and Sixth Form College, please contact The Statutory Assessment Service at Essex County Council.