Free school meals are administered by The Bromfords School and Sixth Form College and the qualifying rules are decided by Central Government. We use the services of SDA to confirm entitlement through the Eligibility Checking Service provided by the Department of Education.
The Government gives the additional funding to schools for every child who is registered as being entitled to a free meal. This applies even if the child decides not to take the meal. The additional money is used by the school to support the student’s education and to maximise their opportunity and achievement.
We would encourage all parents to apply if they are eligible.
If you are in receipt of any of the following benefits you may be entitled to ‘Free School Meals’.
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
To apply for Free School Meals please use the link below or complete this form and return to main reception.