Our students are ambassadors of the school and are expected to dress and behave in a way that reflects the high expectations and aspirations we have for all members of our school community.
- A plain navy-blue blazer with the Bromfords School badge and blue braiding on the lapels.
- Plain white formal shirt/blouse with collar, buttoned to the neck; to be tucked in at all times.
- School clip-on tie, fastened over the top shirt button, (available from the school only).
- Plain navy-blue tailored school trousers. Tight trousers, leggings or jeans are NOT permitted.
- The Bromfords School and Sixth Form college skirt. No other skirt is acceptable. (Only available from the school).
- A plain navy-blue knitted ‘V’ neck pullover or cardigan is optional but if worn, it must be purchased from our supplier and have the school logo on it. (No sweatshirts or tracksuit tops).
- Plain navy, black or white knee length or ankle socks.
- Plain black, navy or beige tights; again, no leggings are permitted.
- Plain black formal flat shoes, (not boots, trainers/sports shoes or other footwear such as Nike Air Force 1 or similar are not permitted)
- Apron for DT or Food lessons
- Only natural looking make-up and hair colour are permitted. This includes eyelashes.
- False nails including acrylics are not permitted. Fingernails should not be seen from underside the finger. Fingernails must be of natural colour.
- No jewellery is permitted apart from a wristwatch. Please not that any notification function on any watch must be turned off during the school day.
Students who are not in full school uniform should report to their Form Tutor upon arrival in school with a note from their parent/carer stating the reason. A ‘red-slip’ uniform note or appropriate sanction will be issued. Parents/carers may also be contacted.
Sports Kit and Equipment
- School logo polo shirt
- School logo long sleeve rugby shirt (boys only)
- School logo PE shorts
- School logo leggings
- School logo tracksuit
- School logo sport jumper/hoody (optional)
- School football socks or plain navy football socks
- Under layers or skins – white or blue in colour (optional)
- Football boots (optional)
- Shin pads (optional)
- Gum shield (optional)
If it is not possible for the correct PE kit to be worn for a PE lesson, students are required to bring a note from home explaining the reason why and provide alternative appropriate PE kit.
Personal property will be the responsibility of the student and should be individually labelled.
The Bromfords School tie and girls’ skirt must be purchased from the school directly; all other uniform is available from Emblem in Wickford or Trutex Direct. If you wish to purchase your child’s uniform online from Trutex Direct, please log onto www.trutexdirect.com where you will be prompted for a password, which is LEA00316SD.
The Bromfords School sportswear range is only available from Emblem in Wickford. Emblem can be contacted on 01268 768 797.
Existing parents/carers will be aware of our updated branding of the school to match our aspirations for the students and the role our school plays in their development and preparations for their next steps
We are excited for the future of Bromfords School and the plans we have but we are also acutely aware of the timeline that parents face when purchasing uniform ahead of September and the pressures we all face with the current increased cost of living. After lengthy discussions with our current uniform supplier and governors we have made the following decisions.
- The updated branding of the school will be in place from September 2022 across the school site, website and all forms of communication from the school.
- We will be introducing an updated school tie for all students at no cost to current parents in September 2022. The tie will be issued as a one-time swap for students’ existing ties. From this point, ties that need replacing or are lost will need to be purchased by parents as is the case now. More details will follow towards the end of term.
- Our existing contract and supply chain with our current uniform suppliers means that there will be no further changes to the uniform list as published on our website for September 2022. This should, however, give parents/carers the time and confidence to ensure students are in the correct uniform for September.
The school is also committed to reducing the cost of school uniform for parents and in turn, meet the government’s objective for this to be in place for September 2023. Whilst factors outside of our control mean that we have only been able to make minimal changes for September 2022, we are already looking at options to significantly reduce the cost of uniform for September 2023. The new school badge will therefore also feature as part of this uniform relaunch, supporting our parents/carers by reducing the financial outlay whilst maintaining the high standards of uniform that we expect of our school community.
We will keep you updated every step of the way.