Full details of public and internal examinations can be found in this section of the website.
For specific enquiries please contact our Examinations Officer, Karen Harris, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre Assessed Grades 2021
Formal exams have been cancelled for the Summer 2021 series. To support students and parents through the process of awarding grades please see the following information:
Assessment Windows – this video explains how the assessment windows in April and May will form part of our decision-making process in awarding Centre Assessed Grades this Summer.
Centre Policy – Every centre is required by JCQ to create a Centre Policy that reflects its individual circumstances when determining Centre Assessed Grades this Summer.
Vocational Centre Policy – Pearson has produced additional guidelines for centres to follow when awarding grades for BTEC qualifications this Summer. These guidelines run in parallel to the overall Centre Policy above.
Procedure for the Determination and Internal Quality Assurance of Centre Assessed Grades – this document outlines the different stages our school will take to ensure a fair, robust and evidence based approach is taken when awarding Centre Assessed Grades this Summer.
Further details regarding the school’s appeals process will follow in May.
JCQ Guidance – this guide from the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) is aimed at supporting parents and students through the grade awarding process.
Further JCQ Guidance – a further suite of JCQ documents is published here. This includes:
- Student Guidance (JCQ Guidance for Students and Parents on Summer 2021)
- Centre Policy(Summer 2021 JCQ Guidance – Centre policy)
- Assessment Record(Summer 2021 JCQ Guidance – Assessment Record template)
- Head of Department Checklist(Summer 2021 JCQ Guidance – Head of Department checklist)
- Centre Policy Summary Form(Summer 2021 Centre Policy Summary Online Form)
- A/AS Level Grade Descriptors(Summer 2021 Grade Descriptors A-AS Levels)
- GCSE Grade Descriptors(Summer 2021 Grade Descriptors GCSE)
- Worked Grading Examples(Summer 2021 JCQ Guidance – Worked Examples)
- Private candidates(Summer 2021 Private Candidates – FAQs)
- Centre guidance for private candidates(JCQ Interim Guidance for Private Candidate Centres)
- Retention of evidence(Retention of evidence – Summer 2021)
For students taking Cambridge National or Cambridge Technical qualifications this Summer, or for those students not certificating until 2022, please refer to the Centre Policy above alongside additional information from OCR.
Please see below timetables for internal exams:
There are no internal exams currently taking place.
The Bromfords School and Sixth Form is an approved centre for the Prince’s Trust – more information can be found here